Thursday, October 25, 2007

Spirituality: Introduction

Alternative religion has long been a hobby and interest of mine, never growing far beyond the usual breathing exercises and the occasional drawing of the Tarot for friends and acquaintances. But being very low key does not mean I have no interest or compulsion to up my involvement in religion and spirituality.

Ever since the death of my grandfather the question “What happens after?” has kept me in good philosophical and emotional curiosity, and as an avid purchaser of books I can say that my own personal library on religion and the occult can rival a good sized town’s version of same. As a result, I can hold my own in most discussion about the topics of reincarnation, ghosts, and mythical beings.
Because I also believe no subjects lacks connections with all other subjects, it is not strange for me to draw Maslow’s pyramid of personal growth in a discussion about the regenerative propensities of the common, garden variety Hydra, and I can say my bibliophilia has not helped last weekends moving of house.
Luckily, Boyfriend has kindly decided to give (well, rent) me one room for my own personal use, and making it an absolute fire hazard is going to be one of those personal uses.

Also, since I am trying to be rather more active on the blogging part of my life, I will strive to set up what I hope will become a series of short essays on a number of topics pertaining to the subject of alternative religion. They will be labeled “Spirituality” and they will contain my own personal experiences with the subject, but also theories and efforts by a multitude of other researchers in this very wide and interesting field.

For all those uncaring of this particular part of the proceedings, best not to read anything labeled “Spirituality” then, right?

For now, grtz, and stripes at “almost Halloween”

Kevin

No comments: