Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Looking for a career.

Having left school at the tender age of 17 after being fully bullied for about 12 years straight, I cannot say I am worse of than I should be. In fact, I am very well of. I have Boyfriend, whom I love and who loves me, I have good friends, an ok family-life, and a beautiful house to live in, owned by aforementioned Boyfriend.

For me, the only thing currently lacking is a good/great career. For me not the wealth of wealth attracts me, but the possibility to do something I love doing, and to do it for a living. I have been writing this little blog for over two years now, to practically no success whatsoever but with great enjoyment, and it has been a good way to refine and grow into a reasonable writing style (to my mind, that is), I have written columns for company magazines, and even some reviews for a now defunct Fantasy magazine, and I think I consider myself good enough to “do something” in the field of creative, or not so creative writing.

As to this end, I have started writing to a couple of magazines today, linking to this blog, and asking around for a reasonable step to take to get into writing on a structured plan. I am slowly working on some short stories, trying to get some ideas for a lengthy novel, but at the moment the slightly journalistic bend of columns and suchlike draw me more than anything else.
So if there is anybody on my blog who likes it enough to return every now and then, and I do realize I have made that difficult with the slightly erratic frequency of my blogging, please point some people towards me. I need a working network right now, and I am not getting there as yet. And if one of my regulars know of a way into columns or suchlike, please let me know, either through the blog or through kevin.linnekamp@gmail.com
I am very willing to take any writing opportunity tossed into my lap, money at the moment is less of an issue than just getting read and known.

Thanks for your attention,
Stripes at 00001, “shameless pleading”

Kevin

No comments: