Tuesday, January 24, 2006

James Bond Villain Style Gloating

Jeebeevisig (jeebee as in the end of “the heebie-jeebies” an visig, pronounced “physic” but with a g at the end), as said in my last post the shorthand for James Bond Villain Style Gloating should become a common household word.
Because really, we ALL love doing it. No-one I know can resist the temptation while watching the last feeble spasms of life in ones opponent while playing Monopoly or Trivial Pursuit, or even chess, to fire off at least one small pun and/or resort to mad, maniacal laughter.
“No mr Pawn, I expect you to DIE…MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” is not rarely heard around our games-table, but even a dejected “I’ll get you next time. Gadget, next time…” has frequently echoed around the RISK-board on a sporadic Sunday afternoon. Not to mention the fact that ever since we bought the freaking game I’ve wanted to suspend that little shoe thingy above a tiny pool filled with tiny metallic sharks. Obviously, that second example is not as such gloating, or Bond, but it definitely falls under the heading of jeebeevisig.
So, people, start using this word, please, and help me fulfill my life’s ambition of giving something to this crazy world we live in to make it all a bit more crazy.

In the sure knowledge that this goal will be accomplished I have moved on to my next goal in life, which is using the frase “in one memorable but extreme case, dog” as often as humanly possible. It was true in the last write-up, may be in this one, use your own judgemend from now on.


In other news, my little brother has a band. Well… little… he’ll be all of twenty-one this April, but luckily still a good head shorter than I am so little he is and little he’ll remain.
The band (http://www.blackbandit.web-log.nl/) is actually quite ok, if I do say so myself. The music is a bit rockish in the general idea, but so far I’ve heard something a bit rock-reggae and a ballad with a decided Twin Peaks feel to it. Very interesting choices to be made, but luckily they realize the slight incongruity themselves
They are planning to perform live, which is always a brave choice, but are quite dedicated and should be able to put up a good show, I guess. No proof yet though.
My lil’ bro is being the drummer of the threesome, which I’m not ashamed to tell you had a good deal of run-up with a number of instruments purporting to be percussion, but mostly just made noise. The current drum-set and the previous incarnation of random “pieces of round wood with ungoated skin attached to them” may be better than the pots, pans, and in one memorable but extreme case; dog, of yore, but really, being awakened on a Sunday-morning buy an infernal but slightly recognizable-as-music racket is no difference from being awakened by a sound of two strippers dressed in metal going at it in a vat full of deadbolts, which bares striking resemblance to the sound a five-year old can make when aided by EVERY FREAKING PAN IN THE HOUSE, and a high stairway... (the actuality of being awakened by such a thing (strippers, deadbolts) instead of something sounding like it leaves also something to be desired, but that’s a whole new subject)

A short write-up this time, just wanted to plug my brother’s website a bit, hope you’ll like their music.
Have fun,
Kevin.

No comments: