Thursday, November 03, 2005

Vacation & Johan

It's nearly over... Seven days (and two weekends, but I'm usually off in weekends anyway) of blissfull, no priorities, no hassle vacation. Ah well, I was starting to get bored anyway, so I'm actually not really unhappy to get back to work.

Anyway, I've been to see the movie "Johan" this week, which was, though not great, surprisingly entertaining. It's a dutch movie about a family of soccerplayers, 11 boys, most of whom are in some kind of major-league team. All, actually, apart from the youngest, Johan. He prefers music to mud and is, understandably, a bit of an outcast.
All in all, the movie was entertaining. The plot is a bit predictable, and the three lead characters are as unlikeable as possible given that both Johan and the girl next door are quite heartwrenchingly cute. But the script runs smoothly, the editing is very good, and music was a great inspiration and guidance apparently in the writing, which you see quite clearly in the way musical interludes are handled in the movie.

Afterwards we (me & Diana, friend of mine) went over to the Tara (an irish pub in the centre of Amsterdam, quite my usual haunt, actually) for our customary after-movie-drinks, she needed to update me in the lives of the rich and famous afterall. All in all, a good movie, a nice evening, and the bartender was real cute, always a big bonus.

Check back tomorrow, I'm planning on going to "Corpse Bride" tonight, should be good..

No comments: