Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Missing Boyfriend and surges of pride.

I find myself in a position not often inhabited. Boyfriend, he of the great lashes and skills wit a poached egg, is away for business. This is not an unusual thing, he has been away before, after all. But this time he will be away over the weekend, instigating the first weekend in the six months we have been dating that he and I are not together.
This displeases me mightily.

Now, don’t get me wrong, we are not one of those couples that need to spend every waking hour together and never see anybody else. But usually there is a great deal of choice involved when we don’t meet up. Having him a good amount of space away and not being able to go there with any facility, it feels less than splendid.

Good thing we had a well filled weekend this weekend to keep me going a little. A very nice dinner at the house of friends of Boyfriend was in the books for Saturday. Well, it was in his books, and after a little bit pf prodding it was in mine as well. And I am very happy I went there.

I used to have a theory that I called “picking up the puppy”, which means that you can be hanging out with someone for a while, never really thinking about them in a romantic way, and then you see them do something really sweet, like picking up a puppy or holding a baby, and you suddenly and romcommically realise the fact you have been liking them like that for a while now…
This is how it is supposed to go.

Obviously I have liked Boyfriend like that for a while now, after all, he is Boyfriend, but this weekend he managed to pick up a very big puppy nonetheless.
And I am not talking about his dog, who is also a very big puppy, and a very sweet one at that. (Just turned two… such a cool dog)

I was talking to the daughter of the house when suddenly someone had crawled behind the baby grand piano and did some tinkling on the ivories. Never one to ignore impromptu musicality, I turned round, and there was Boyfriend. I just about died. An enormous surge of pride made it’s way through me. Very embarrassing, these surges, but it was fun as well. Had I not already loved this man very much the effect could not have been greater. As it is, I am just continuing feeling really very fondly of Boyfriend.

I am not expressing myself very clearly and quite frankly, there is not that much to express, apart from the fact Boyfriend is one of the bestest people on the planet, and I am sad he is not one of the bestest people within 5 km of me. Not because he isn’t bestest, but because he isn’t fuckin there.

*sigh*

Stripes at all down, for “waiting to exhale”

Grtz,
Kevin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am blushing!
What a great boyfriend I have.